5th Leap Conference
Business Incubation Centres Involved:
- The Innovation Village.
- Makerere University Entrepreneurship Centre
- Makerere University Innovation and Incubation Centre (MIIC)
Key aspects at the 5th Leap Conference
Experiential Learning: “The strategic, active engagement of students in opportunities to learn through doing, and reflection on those activities, which empowers them to apply their theoretical knowledge to practical endeavours in a multitude of settings inside and outside of the classroom” (Simon Fraser University, 2019).
To date, mainly through the annual Leap Conference, NASE has inspired over 5,000 students and graduates from Uganda’s top Universities to “Leap” into and explore the world of enterprise and entrepreneurship as a viable, if not fulfilling, career route.
The report below is a summary of what transpired, when over 1,000 university students attended the 5th Leap Conference.
- An interactive and impactful one-day programme of practical support for identifying and developing business ideas.
- Designed to inspire and challenge university students from Uganda’s top Universities universities to literally take the “Leap” into the world of enterprise and entrepreneurship.
- Unique opportunity to network with a diverse range of individuals and key players in Uganda’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Features practical games and business simulations, seasoned entrepreneurs, inspiring mentors and speakers – prepare to be inspired.